The following topics are designed to assist your company with Pioneer invoicing processes and information.
- How to register with OpenInvoice
All Pioneer suppliers are requested to register with OpenInvoice.
If your company is already set up within OpenInvoice: Request that OpenInvoice support reach out to the Pioneer Natural Resources OpenInvoice admin.
If your company is not set up within OpenInvoice: Please register at https://www.openinvoice.com/docp/public/registerBuyerText/ to enable your company to be set up for electronic invoicing on OpenInvoice with Pioneer Natural Resources. Please indicate Pioneer Natural Resources as your customer company name and use your remit address.
Electronic Field Tickets (EFTs)
Compared to the paper field ticket process that required a physical signature or stamp as validation for delivery/verification of services, an electronic field ticket digitizes the process to allow the operator and service providers an opportunity to collaborate near real time. EFT has allowed service providers to spend less time traveling to locations, increased visibility into receipt confirmation, and reduced submission time on invoices.
An EFT is used to document the quantity of goods received and services provided by your company. Financial approval of the goods and services are established at the time of invoicing. EFTs provide the option for automated receipt confirmation on submitted invoices, resulting in faster payment processing.
As a supplier you should submit an Electronic Field Ticket when all three of the following apply:
- Your company is onboarded to submit an electronic field ticket,
- Goods and services are not associated with a Pioneer PO and
- Your services require a Pioneer employee to confirm delivery/verification of services
EFTs should be submitted within OpenInvoice on the OpenTicket platform by navigating to Ticket > Ticket Application from the OpenInvoice home page. Once the EFT is approved, the invoice should be submitted by navigating to Menu > Desktop Version from the OpenTicket page and then selecting the option Create Invoice From Ticket. The OpenInvoice and OpenTicket platforms are available to you based on your company’s permission setup. Please reach out to your OpenInvoice administrator or email@example.com for additional access.
How to Invoice
Depending on the service your company provides to Pioneer and which Pioneer business unit you are working for, you may use one type or multiple types of invoicing, including:
- Invoice against a Purchase Order (PO)
- Supplier inputs the PO number and it will flip to an invoice; called a PO Flip
- Invoice against an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Work Order (WO)
- Supplier flips approved EFT to an invoice
- Invoice against a Dispatch Work Order
- Supplier flips approved EFT to an invoice
- Invoice against a contract/price book
- Supplier submits the field ticket and/or invoice and applies the contract/price book
- If two or more contracts/price books are application, separate the invoices as only one contract/price book can be applied per invoice
- If none of the above apply
- Supplier submits through the invoice only process
- Not a preferred option
Video: Create Credit Memo
Video: Create Invoice
Video: Create Invoice From Contract
Video: Create Invoice From Electronic Ticket
Video: Create Invoice From POWO
Invoice status is assigned based on where the invoice is within the workflow.
|New||Invoice has not been saved or submitted and is not yet recorded in OpenInvoice|
|Saved||Invoice has been saved in OpenInvoice and not yet submitted to the buyer|
|Submitted||Invoice has been submitted to the buyer|
|Disputed||Invoice has been disputed by the buyer and is currently awaiting supplier correction. The invoice must be modified and resubmitted or cancelled.|
|Re-Submitted||Invoice has been submitted to buyer after dispute|
|Cancelled||Disputed invoice that is subsequently cancelled by the supplier. Once cancelled, the invoice cannot be modified or resubmitted.|
|Approved||Invoice has been reviewed and approved for processing in the buyer’s payment system.|
When navigating to the invoice, additional invoice journal statuses are available.
|Forwarded||A user within your company sent the invoice to another user within your company to perform action within the OpenInvoice platform.|
|Processing||Invoice has been reviewed by accounts payable and is pending buyer financial approval for further payment processing.|
|Unapproved||The buyer has returned the previously approved invoice to the OpenInvoice workflow for further processing.|
|Paid||Payment details were received in OpenInvoice by the buyer’s payment system.|
Tips for Successful Invoicing
- Ensure the following items match the invoice attached:
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Dollar Amount
- Service Dates
- Supplier Name
- Remit Address
- Billing the correct Pioneer Business Unit
- Pioneer Natural Resources has a direct pay with the state of Texas, so it is not necessary to charge sales tax for Texas.
- Project/AFE work:
- Include the project number
- Include the well name/location of work
- If possible, include the Pioneer contact with whom you worked
- Red or Yellow Alerts:
- Please add a comment to aide in our research of the red flag.
- When submitting your invoice in OpenInvoice ensure you are submitting to the correct site.
- EFT Invoices: When invoicing, field ticket quantity discrepancies must be corrected at the ticket level. All other corrections can be made at the invoice level.
The following topics are designed to assist your company with Pioneer payment processes and information.
Our preferred method of payment is via ACH (direct deposit). To sign up or update your banking information, please contact Treasury@pxd.com.
Please utilize the invoice search functionality in OpenInvoice to view the status of invoices and payment dates. If you need additional information please contact SupplierHelp@pxd.com.
Pioneer conducts payment runs as follows:
- ACH payments are processed daily
- Checks are processed on certain days per business unit:
- PNR USA – Tuesday/Thursday
- PNR Well Services – Thursday
- PNR Water – Monday/Wednesday
- PNR Company – Wednesday
Payment Terms and Conditions
As a standard guideline, Pioneer Natural Resources and its service companies pay invoices 45 days from invoice submission. For your company’s specific terms, please review your MSSA. If you are interested in participating in our Early Pay discount program, please contact Treasury@pxd.com.